When it comes to Hybrid mobile application development there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Every solution comes with its own set of pros and cons.
React native Vs Flutter Vs Native app
Native and cross-platform approaches using React Native or Flutter have emerged to be popular mobile app development solutions. While native app development has carved a niche for itself by providing fast operating speed, flawless performance, great design and user experience, it comes with some disadvantages like expensive and time-consuming development. This has created a space for cross-platform apps to step in.
On the other hand, cross-platform app development using frameworks like React Native and Flutter speeds up the app development process using a single code while significantly reducing the development cost. In contrast to native applications, cross-platform applications do come with performance glitches and user experience issues.
Hybrid App Development Requires Planning
Before you kick start hybrid app development, planning about different areas of the development process is integral for a successful mobile app. It begins with understanding your target customer needs followed by device profiling. This helps identify and define potential performance targets and technical constraints of the app. Once you know the needs and expectations of your target audience, the next step is to choose the distribution channels.
As hybrid apps use web view, it makes them equally vulnerable to problems faced by legacy browsers. It is essential that developers realize the same and plan accordingly.
Optimizing Hybrid Applications for Performance
- As hybrid apps are rendered in a web view, the age-old problem of multiple browsers and varying support levels is overcome using progressive enhancement. This ensures end-users have a smooth experience across a range of devices.
- Frameworks like AngularJS are used to make the hybrid apps more maintainable.
- Using frameworks like Ionic, which encompasses Cordova, AngularJS and its own UI components enable faster prototype and app development.
- Keeping in mind the network limitations of global audience, make sure that the apps are lighter for slow networks.
Hybrid App Development Frameworks
With digital balloons inflating at an unprecedented rate, numerous feature-rich and user-friendly frameworks are coming up to ease the lives of developers. Our experts have come up with a list of top 10 Hybrid App Development Frameworks for 2020.
Enabling developers to build native-like cross platform apps with minimal effort, React Native tops the list of hybrid app development frameworks for 2020. Factors like quick development time, lower app maintenance costs, huge community support add to the popularity of the framework.
Pre-defined elements, large community support, extensive choice of UI elements, quick prototyping, wide range of integration capabilities and plugins make the framework a preferred choice for cross-platform app development.
Flutter allows developers to do so much with their apps! Designed to work across platforms, the framework offers a wide array of features from hot reload,reduced code development time, custom animated UI, simple platform-specific logic implementation, increased time-to-market speed and much more.
Xamarin enables developers to leverage the same code for different operating systems and build robust apps offering native experience. With features like code reusability, the framework helps developers save significant amounts of time in developing apps.
- Framework 7
- Mobile Angular UI
- Onsen UI
- Corona SDK
- JQuery Mobile
Testing and Debugging hybrid apps
Below is the testing approach adopted by our team for hybrid apps:
- A detailed functional test is carried out to ensure that all the app features work as expected
- Test how well the app accesses built-in device features
- Battery consumption and memory usage are monitored while performing functional tests
- Interrupt testing is carried out to assess the behaviour exhibited by apps during interruptions like phone calls, push notifications, etc.
- Different tests including installation/uninstallation, performance, screen orientation, compatibility and gesture testing are conducted.
- Automated network connectivity tests are performed to test the app under real-world network conditions.
Some Testing Tools Used for Hybrid Apps
With substantial increase in the demand for intuitive, user-friendly and high performance apps, it is of paramount importance for organizations to come up with intelligent and effective app development solutions.
How to choose the best Content Management System [CMS] for mobile apps In 2021
If you’re someone who has made the switch from a website to a mobile device for faster usage, or smoother checkout, or to read a blog post better, you’ve witnessed the benefit of a content management system. The phrase “mobile CMS” is widely used by marketing teams. The customer may not be aware, but these […]
Roadmap to building a successful mobile app in 2021
A decade ago, imagining a future filled with computers, technological systems everywhere, or information at the tip of our fingers was probably envisioned by few. Fast forward to 2021, and we have technological marvels like no other. We have entered an era where technology and mobiles have become essential to the point of no return. […]
How mobile automation testing can help save costs
The number of smartphone users in the world is currently at an all time peak of 3.8 billion, with the number expected to rise in the coming years. So, what does this translate for your business? As the widespread usage of smartphones continues, so does the demand for mobile apps. From a consumer’s standpoint, usability, […]